|Step1. Load DVD File
Insert the DVD disk into your DVD-ROM drive, Click "Load DVD -> Import From DVD Disk", and then choose the root directory of your DVD disk.
Tips1: You'd better turn off your screen saver before converting.
Tips2: You can also load DVD by selecting an IFO file in your DVD movie.
Step2. Set VCD as output format
You can convert entire DVD movie or some chapters to VCD. From "Convert To" lists, choose "VCD (MPEG-1)", and then set audio track format, subtitle language and the output directory.
Before start converting DVD to VCD format, please open the "Settings" window and set the value of "Output Frame Rate" and "Resolution". The NTSC-VCD and PAL-VCD have different specification.
Step3. Convert DVD to standard VCD format
Simply click the "Start" button to begin the conversion.
Step4. Burn standard VCD onto a CD
You can burn VCD disks with Nero. If you have no Nero burning software, you might as well get a free CD burner software from site1 or site2
1. Launch Nero and then click the "Wizard" button.
2. Select "CD -> Video CD -> Radio button PAL or NTSC depending on what format your output VCD file -> New" one by one.
3. Locate your .mpg and drag it to the burning region
Tips: You can add multiple mpg files at one time.
4. Rename the CD as "MYVCD" or any name you like by pressing F2 on NEW.
5. Click "Open the write cd dialog..." button or select "File -> Write CD".
6. Select a Write speed and "Disc-At-Once" in the Write Method.
Tips: Lower speed would work better.
7. Check the Finalize CD box in Action.
8. Click "Write" button to start burning DVD to VCD.